Opposing Anti-Semitism

I am very proud of the fact that, as a county councillor, I successfully proposed that the council of which I was a member should adopt the International Holocaust Remembrance Alliance working definition of antisemitism. and did so in a non-partisan way which was able to gain unanimous support.

You can find a report of that meeting at

Cumbria County Council adopts antisemitism definition | News and Star.

So of course, when I was asked by the Campaign against Anti-semitism during this 2024 general election if I am willing to promote that definition I agreed to do so: I already support and have promoted this definition.

The pledge which I have signed for this election reads as follows:

Candidates' pledge on antisemitism

I pledge to adopt and abide by the International Definition of Antisemitism (also known as the IHRA Definition), and to encourage and promote its widespread adoption and implementation, unamended and in its entirety, to the exclusion of any other definition or modifying document.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pat Graham RIP

The Hindu manifesto 2024