Please note that my email address has changed

When I first started blogging I was parliamentary candidate for Copeland, and I set up an email address which included the name of that constituency.

I continued to use that email for a number of years, it still seemed relevant as I also served as a member of Copeland Borough Council and on the Copeland local committee of Cumbria County Council.

However, last year both Copeland Borough Council and Cumbria County Council were abolished and last week the Copeland constituency followed them into history, at least for now.

So I have been trying to phase out that email address. I thought I had removed it from all my social media before announcing my candidacy for Leeds North East in the 2024 General election.

Unfortunately it can be quite hard to scrub old and no longer accurate information from the internet, due to things like cached pages, and one of the websites which publishes details of candidates managed to dig up my old email and publish it again.

I asked them to correct it, and they quickly did, so but the damage was done and it turns out that about fifty inquiries have been sent to my obsolete email address.

If you have attempted to contact me via my former email address which includes "copeland" and there has been a delay in replying, please accept my apologies. And if you find a reference to that email address still up anywhere on the internet, please let me know where, preferably with the URL, so that I can correct it or ask the person publishing the relevant site to do so.

For future reference, the email to use now is chris4leedsne@gmail.com 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pat Graham RIP

The Hindu manifesto 2024