Quote of the day 27th September 2024

"Unpopular opinion.  The Prime Minister of the UK should have a salary and expense allowance to enable him and his family to present themselves to the world without having to accept freebies."

Douglas Carswell


I think Douglas has a point. But to be honest, what really irritates me about out new government is not the freebies but the double standards..

As I don't want to look like a world-class hypocrite, I'm not going to slag off members of the Labour government for doing things which I would have defended Conservatives for doing.

But I do think it's legitimate to point out that a surprising number of the most senior ministers of the new government seem to be behaving in ways that they spent the last fourteen years vehemently denouncing members of the previous government for doing.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog